Pleased to find your website

Welcome Forums Adult Forum Pleased to find your website

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by SS Moderator SS Moderator 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I am in Saskatchewan, Canada. I have been rather slowly recovering from some learned behaviours, mostly Familial and a strong tendency to General Anxiety Disorder. I do not need a diagnosis, but could use some social contact to strengthen the positive lessons I am learning. By just looking at the various concerns of your forum entries, I noted several of my own concerns, some personal, very personal, and some secret. I would like to introduce myself, but I think the best way might be to list my mental health concerns and invite anyone out there to comment.

My list:

General Anxiety Disorder

Chronic Medicated Depression Ongoing

Divorced from a cruel woman

Worries about likiehood of my ex-wife’s conduct with my children

Anxiety exasterbated health concerns

Post traumatic effect on my new marriage and relationships

No support groups in my area

SS Moderator
    SS Moderator

Hello, it sounds like you’ve had some difficult life experiences, as well as current stressors in your life. While medication helps balance brain chemistry, talk therapy is also very useful, especially Cognitive Behavior Therapy. I’m not sure if you’ve tried this. You mention that there are no support groups in your area. Please check the Canadian Psychological Association website for useful resources in your area:

http://www.cpa.ca/practitioners/resourcesofinterest/

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by SS Moderator SS Moderator.

Hi David, life sure gets tough sometimes. I am 60 and also live in Canada. (Ontario) I deal with many health issues as well as mental health along with the curves life gives you. I have had a history of emotional abuse starting in childhood and live with the after effects daily. I think as for me, I have to stand up and do something to change my life or it will always be the same or worse.. We need to take our lives into our own hands sometimes and get out there and get help.  As mentioned in the above response, CBT is useful, I am also seeking that type of therapy, along with biting the bullet and joining some new activities. Hope you get some answers.

SS Moderator
    SS Moderator

Sometimes volunteering helps change our perspective. It takes our minds off our own problems, and also helps us feel useful when we make a difference. Any kind of volunteering: with other people, animals, the earth etc. There is a joy in giving, and this can be mentally and emotionally therapeutic.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.