I don't understand

Welcome Forums Teenager Forum I don't understand

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by vanillacupcake vanillacupcake 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Sometimes I feel so angry. As a girl I understand that it could be because of menstruation, but even after, I just feel so mad at everything! And I know that that is definitely not me, I’m a happy person, I love everyone around me. I talk to my mom about this but she always tells me to breath and control it. But how? I sometimes feel like I want to let so much anger out, but is that ok? I don’t understand, what should I do?

SS Moderator
    SS Moderator

Anger is your emotional response to a certain way of thinking. When you feel angry, ask yourself “what’s happening and what exactly am I thinking right now?”.  Is your thought an appropriate response to the situation, or is it out of balance? Ask yourself these questions: “Is there another way of looking at this?”, “How important is this really?”, “Will this even matter next week?”. By re-framing how you view things, you can change how you feel. Try to view things in a fair and balanced way, not a biased or an exaggerated way.

Anger can also be an expression of underlying pain. Do you have an unresolved issue that’s festering inside of you, causing dis-placed anger? Can you talk about it with someone, and try to work through it? Sometimes writing your thoughts in a journal can have a detox effect and help you feel lighter. Your mom is right about breathing. Try to practice deep breathing throughout the day. This helps release more seratonin in your body, which can help you stay calm. Inhale slowly and deeply through the nose for a count of 4 seconds, and exhale through the mouth slowly over a count of 8 seconds. At the same time ask yourself, “How bad is this situation really, am I over-reacting?”. Insight and awareness of your thoughts, together with breathing right, should help reduce your anger.

Hey princessindisguise – I think you should take up an activity like kickboxing where you can release that anger inside you in a controlled, healthy way. Not to mention it’s great excersize and you learn an awesome self-defense skill! Try it out and see if it helps.

Try finding something that is an emotional-detox for you, or something that takes you to a happy place- like reading a book, binge-watching your favorite show, trying out new recipies, online yoga classes, etc

Sometimes, doing something different is a nice break from the  hectic world around you, and makes you feel so at peace afterwards.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.