Confidence

Welcome Forums Teenager Forum Confidence

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by SS Moderator SS Moderator 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I’m having lots of problems with my confidence. I always think I’m not good enough in my studies and physical appearance. How can I change my mindset?

SS Moderator
    SS Moderator

Hello,

First of all sorry for the delay in responding, this is a new website and was under maintenance. Low self-esteem is often rooted in how you were treated as a child. When you were growing up were you subjected to criticism, harshness, or emotional neglect? We often internalize messages that were given to us externally. If a care-giver or person around you would say “what’s wrong with you……..etc”, then you may be saying the same thing to yourself through negative self-talk. First of all recognize what or who influenced you to think this negatively about yourself. Then, tell yourself that you can stop listening to  that voice, and instead develop a self-compassionate inner voice, which is soothing, comforting, warm, loving and good for you.

When you say you think you’re “not good enough”, are you being a perfectionist? Do you have unrealistically high expectations of yourself? This pattern of thinking is usually problematic, it makes us dissatisfied and emotionally exhausted as we constantly compare ourselves to unhealthy standards. Train yourself to have balanced expectations. Set reasonable  goals, take action that supports those goals, and be easy on yourself. When you do achieve something, even if it’s something small, give yourself some praise and validation. Self-compassion is what’s needed.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.