Anxiety and confusion

Welcome Forums Adult Forum Anxiety and confusion

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by SS Moderator SS Moderator 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I injured myself at work. I don’t believe I will have the same job when and if I recover. The only skill I have is driving, semi and charter coaches.

I have two dogs and a cat. They are my whole life. I believe it would be difficult to have all three of them in a semi and can’t have them at all in a highway coach. I have given up two dogs and a cat in the past for a job that didn’t work out. I don’t want to do that again. The highway coach job is part time and I cannot survive on that

As for the injury to my shoulder I don’t know yet what if anything can be done for that. I am terrified of what will become of me. Can someone please help?

SS Moderator
    SS Moderator

Hello,

Sometimes we “catastrophize”, or in other words we assume that the worst will happen, even when we don’t really know what exactly will happen. When we think about “what might happen” as if “it will happen”, then we can get trapped in unhealthy and maybe even unrealistic thinking. Tell yourself that whatever happens, you will be able to cope with it. Tell yourself that you can come up with practical solutions. If you believe in a higher purpose, or a Creator, then use this belief system by telling yourself that you will be looked after. If you have even one close friend, or trusted person, then lean on them a bit until this situation gets better. Each day do some slow deep breathing, several times a day, and tell yourself good, positive thoughts. Give your injury time to heal. And as the reality becomes more clear in time, then adapt to it in a practical way.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.