Reply To: Thoughts about my child being molested without reason.

Welcome Forums Adult Forum Thoughts about my child being molested without reason. Reply To: Thoughts about my child being molested without reason.

SS Moderator
SS Moderator

Hello, anxious and fearful thoughts are often unrealistic and not based on facts or evidence. The more we focus on them, the more they grow. Focusing on irrational thoughts can cause them to spiral, creating even more fear and anxiety. This cycle needs to stop. Try to develop a rational inner voice, one that is logical and based on facts and evidence. Write down each one of your paranoid thoughts, analyze it, then write down its rational counterpart. Refocus your attention on the rational thought.

Challenging unrealistic thoughts and replacing them with reality based thoughts can help you think more clearly. At the same time, be practical and smart. Teach your 10 year old daughter the rules about inappropriate touching, teach her a safety plan where she knows what to beware of  and who to go to for help  if needed.

Cognitive Behavior Therapy can help you manage your intrusive thoughts, so please try to find a good CBT therapist in your area. A useful self-help book that can help you is: The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook by Bourne.