Reply To: Depressed?

Welcome Forums Teenager Forum Depressed? Reply To: Depressed?

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I canlt tell you how much I appreciate it. I know therapy would do me good, but our school doesn’t have a counseler and I’m not close to any of my teachers (especially since starting high school because classes are taken differently now). I honestly dkn’t trust doctors here to meddle with my brain like that because they aren’t known for their brilliance (egyptian doctors are known for being careless). The only person I want to talk to about this is my mum, but mental illness awareness is not a thing in Egypt so she doesn’t know much about it other than t.v. stereotypes of bad parents and teenagers on drugs.

I might be able to save up a little to get therapy, but it will take a while. It will also mean convincing my mum that I’m depressed, which she doesn’t really believe(or at least she doesn’t believe it can come from nothing and that it’s no one’s fault). I don’t know if I can convince her and I really canlt do this without her.

Can’t I fix this on my own? I mean, I’ve learned to tell the difference between what I think and what depression thinks. I’ve learned to calm myself down when I feel like crying or dying. I know how to take things one step at a time and not expect sudden results. I just need to know how to make these negative feelings and thoughts go away. Could you tell me how?

Again, thank you so much for the advice and the insightful video. I actually just finished excercising and I’m going to try to keep it up. We’re near a very spiritual time and I think this will give me the boost I need to do that. (I’ll also try keeping a journal to keep track of how excersing is helping so I don’t lose motivation)

(I write so much, sorry )